If you don’t have a Applecare for your mac, I suggest you get it ASAP (assuming you can). I learned the hard way when my beloved Macbook unexpectedly shut off while I was watching a movie.
Taking it in for ‘diagnosis’ revealed that the motherboard had fried — it would be cheaper to buy a new mac than to replace the damaged board. Fantastic.
So … being the plugged-in freak that I am, I had to replace the laptop and I am now an owner of a Macbook Pro! My 5 bullet point review:
- Illuminated keyboard = outrageously cool novelty.
- I prefer the 15.4″ matte LCD to my separate LCD panel. It’s that pretty.
- CAN’T EASILY INSTALL A NEW HARD DRIVE? Fail.
- Everything feels faster and more responsive (particularly Aperture)
- Fans are a hell of a lot quieter.